Best tip for Saree Care
The saree is an epitome of timeless elegance as all women love their sarees and the saree is the most prized possession in every woman’s wardrobe. They have found their place in every Indian women’s wardrobe because of the grace and elegance that they exhibit when you wear them. But, taking care of them might get a little tedious task.
With that being said, maintaining the garment of such delegate quality radiance doesn’t go without a bit of effort and we do tend to spend a lot of money, time, and effort in finding the perfect material, best color, and amazing texture while you pick a saree, and it is only fair to put in that extra effort to keep them in great condition and best quality.
Here are a few tips that will keep your beautiful saree spotless and bright for years and even mothers approve of these rules for taking care of sarees.
- Hang sarees out to dry after wearing: If you are not going to wash the saree after you wear it then make it a point to hand it out and dry them. However, don’t hand them in direct sunlight as that can damage the fabric.
- Avoid using perfumes: Deodorants or perfumes can spell doom. It can destroy the saree's shine and render them useless. However, if you still want to use perfumes especially if we need them in the summer season then you can use them first and give a gap of 20 minutes before you wear the saree.
- Naphthalene balls to keep bugs out from your sarees: This tip will keep your entire wardrobe free from bugs and is also a great way to keep the space fresh. But don’t let them touch your sarees as it can cause some irreparable damage and keep them in a cloth.
- Washing & storage tips: Prefer hand wash for cotton sarees to keep them gorgeous for years. For chiffon sarees as well opt for handwashing as the fabric cannot handle machine tumbling. Refold them in small intervals to keep the creases at bay. Dry clean organza and net sarees & refold them on a frequent basis to ensure avoiding loss of form. Synthetic sarees can be washed & stores effortlessly.
- Care tips for heavy embellished and embroidered saree: This kind of sarees should be folded in a manner that the embroidered side stays inside as it will prevent the embellishments from snagging or tearing apart. Never hang them and make it a compulsory rule to avoid stretch and tear of the fabric.
- Removing stain: If you are clumsy and get stains on your saree frequently, then don't worry follow this top and you would be sorted. Wash it with cold running water and if required use a mild soap on it. If the stain is oily use talcum powder or glycerin to dry the stain first and then wash it.
- Fabric bags for storage: Never store your silk sarees in a plastic cover it may cause of chance of fungal growth in natural fibers. Cover those silk sarees in a cotton or muslin cloth. If you can invest in an expensive saree then do invest in a good quality saree cover as well.
We hope these tips will come in handy to you all for preserving your sarees.