Why Knowing Your Body Type Is So Important
Many people are unaware of their body types and often remain confused about what suits them. In such scenarios dressing up could be a problem and if one doesn’t understand his/her body type then it could lead to lot of mess. To dress up in the right manner, know-how of body type is must. In this blog post we will discuss what these body types are and how knowing them helps in dressing up in the right manner.
Body shape has to do with proportions and dressing as per those proportions make you look at your best. It does not have much to do with weight or height but only the shape which means a slim girl and a curvy girl may have the same body shape. The same might be true for short and tall girls.
Each one of us is different and so are our bodies. In general, there are five basic body shapes – hourglass, rectangle, apple, wedge and pear. Some people possess body types that are mix of these basic body types giving birth to more body type categories. When you know your body shape, it is easy to figure out what to choose and what not. Let us begin with information based on body types and fashion/dressing tips that go well with them.
Body Type – Wedge or Inverted Triangle
Wedge or inverted triangle body type is marked by features like wide shoulders, broad chest and narrow hips and waist. International celebrities like Demi Moore, Teri Hatcher, Naomi Campbell and Teri Hatcher are known to have this body type. People having this body shape have legs as their best asset. Therefore, highlighting lower body works as a good idea.
Dressing Tips for Wedge Body Type:
- Choose bright colours for lower body
- Wide-leg pants
- Full length skirts
- Can experiment with high waist dresses
- Choose clothes that create illusion of waist
Body Type – Pear
Pear shaped body type features wider lower body as compared to upper body or alternatively speaking hips are wider than shoulders. The waist is well-defined and bottom is rounded. Celebs known to have pear shaped body type are such as Kim Kardashian and Eva Mendes. People having pear body type must stress on their arms and waist and add more volume to the upper body.
Dressing Tips for Pear Body Type:
- A line skirts
- Balance hips using wide skirts and dresses
- Wear dark coloured bottoms and light coloured tops to keep a contrast
- Strapless dresses can add great value
- Can use styles with ruffles on top
- Choose shoes with pointy toes
- Wear jackets that start right above waistline
Body Type – Apple
Body Type – Hourglass
Hourglass body shape is indicated by hips and shoulders that are same in proportion and are marked by very small waist. Salma Hayek, Beyonce and Halle Berry are known to possess hourglass body type. Women having this body type can flaunt their curves using good dressing sense.
Dressing Tips for Hourglass Body Type:
- Wear bra that helps in showcasing your best and making the most of your body type
- Avoid baggy clothing as it hide your natural curves
- Choose fitted dresses
- Wrap dresses are a good choice too
- Go for high waisted skirts
- Choose thin and lightweight styles like skinny jeans